Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Fluxing

I give to you a story in eleventy-one words...

‘Scott, what the hell are you doing?’

‘I’m going for it.’

‘This has gone too far.’

‘I’m no amateur, Joshua. I have been diligent in my studies of time travel. This can work.’

‘No, it can’t. You’re using a Toyota.’

‘Actually, it’s a 1984 Toyota Celica. I have nurtured it.’

‘The hatchback’s rusted.’

Scott ignored him.

‘What about the nuclear reaction?’

‘Taken care of.’

‘What?! I’m not even going to ask.’

‘Good.’ Scott strapped himself in, started the car, accelerated.

From a distance, Josh watched as lightning encircled the car; then came the enormous explosion. When he arrived at the blast site, Josh saw a gaping crater but no debris whatsoever.

1 comment:

Sheilagh Lee said...

time travel in a rusty 1984 Toyota Celica I love it.