Monday, September 22, 2008

Sunday Scribblings: Invitation

I'm just returning from vacation with my buddies. Sunny Mexico. Beautiful this time of year. Hell, beautiful anytime of year. Better than Las Vegas. No guilt. No witnesses. No rules.

I've been making the trip for years now. Since those spring breaks with my buddies back in the day. We see how many women we can get in bed. We have competitions. See how many women at once. How many women in one night. How many times with the same woman. It's awesome.

We buy some real potent shit. We just put it in their drinks and watch 'em fade. Load 'em up into our rentals and bring 'em home. Yeah, it sucks getting 'em back out after we were done. But, hell, that's part of the challenge. A few times, they've started to come to in the car and we've had to dump 'em real fast.

Now, I'm back. Getting ready for church with my family and then my son's peewee football game afterwards. I have to get my lesson plans ready for the week. A test for Thursday testing polynomials. Easter's coming too. I need to get the kids their baskets. My wife and I will have to go Wednesday night after my daughter's dance practice. Maybe my parents can babysit them.

I sit down with a margarita, a final taste of Mexico until next year. I check my e-mail. So many messages. I take some time to look through. And the final message is an evite from an address I don't recognize. I open the message. The evite is entitled 'Sunny Mexico'. I open the evite and see that only the sender and I are on the invitation. There in bold letters I see the following note:

The next margarita's on me. See you in hell...

8 comments:

Alone on the Isle said...

That took a turn for the creepy fast -- I loved every line.

susan said...

It is unexpectedly dark. How long before he makes a final trip to Sunny Hell?

Anonymous said...

Man I hate when that happens.

Anonymous said...

That's kind of creepy. But it definitely seems like this guy isn't heading any place good!

anthonynorth said...

A sinister ending there. Nicely done.

totomai said...

vacations sometimes are too short... arent they? loved the tone here

Melody said...

Very creepy ending, you gotta hate it when life catches up with you, but until that happens have fun.

Nita Jo said...

Loved the unexpected ending! Has a great scare factor.