Friday, February 19, 2016

Olivia

I give to you the latest snippet picking up from The Reincarnated in eleventy-one words...

(See Reincarnated for other posts in the series.)



A precocious eight-year-old took the first leap of faith. Dissected and haphazardly reconstructed with interwoven threads of myriad anecdotes, research might reveal the true narrative, but it wouldn’t compete with the titillating tall tale.

It begins in a Connecticut town on a blistering August day. Eleven-year-old Olivia and her best friend, Charlotte, were sunning themselves on the patio. Olivia whispered, ‘Do you remember anything from before?’

‘Mostly just shadows, feelings.’

‘I remember.’ Olivia spoke earnestly. ‘I died young, had two boys; I can see their faces. But my “parents” forbid me to talk about it.’

Olivia’s mother walked in on queue. ‘Hi Charlotte,’ she said as she eyed her daughter knowingly.

No comments: