Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Perception and Intention


 I  give to you a reflection in eleventy-one words...


What do you perceive?
What do you intend?
What’s your story?


I mark my life with questions. These interrogations have, at times, persisted for years. What is my greatest fear? What do I want? What are my principles? The point has not been so much to answer them as to become comfortable with them.


What do I perceive?
What do I intend?
What’s my story?


I’ve no answer, yet. That said, I’ve recognized a relationship I’ve not intimately explored, namely the one between perception and intention. Perception is interpersonal reality; intention is intrapersonal reality. Perception swaddles intention; intention inspires perception.


What do we perceive?
What do we intend?
What’s our story?

No comments: